Re: Compiling kernel rpm

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:48:44PM -0700, Blair Lowe wrote:
> Here is the patch that I want to apply to upgrade the 3ware drivers
> (from code off of the 3ware website) in case someone at redhat wants to
> upgrade the valhalla kernel with this stuff:

Why would Red Hat want to do this?  They haven't issued any errata for
7.3 in over a year, and they wouldn't release a new kernel without doing
regression testing.  That's a lot of work for something that's been
unsupported for over a year.  To be blunt, give it up and upgrade.

If you needed this added to a Fedora Core or RHEL kernel, that would be
a different story...

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA