Re: sgi_fam on RHEL 3?

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:13:42 -0500, Ben Russo wrote:

> Dan Stromberg wrote:
>> What does RHEL 3 use sgi_fam for, if anything?
>
> Read "man fam"
>
>> I have a bunch of RHEL 3 machines that have sgi_fam configured off of
>> xinetd, and sgi_fam is getting registered as an rpc service, however,
>> sgi_fam is dying prematurely and not servicing any actual requests,
>> including a simple "rpcinfo -t localhost sgi_fam".
>
> You are seeing errors?  Where are these errors showing up?
> Can you copy and paste them here?

dcs-strombrg> rpcinfo -t localhost sgi_fam
rpcinfo: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by peer
program 391002 version 0 is not available
Wed Jan 12 18:14:54

dcs-strombrg> rpcinfo -p |grep sgi_fam
    391002    2   tcp  32770  sgi_fam

So it's registered, but it's not doing what it's supposed to, I think.