Network Storage Drives

Wartnick, James James.Wartnick at bestbuy.com
Fri Jan 14 15:51:48 UTC 2005

Thanks to everyone that responded.

Here are the product details. There isn't much here. I know the software
won't work on Linux. However, I'm not sure if I can. I don't need all of
the things
it does. I just want to be able to share a drive with my laptop (which
runs Windows and Linux) and my server (which runs Linux). I want to be
able to
use the drive to back up my windows items (on one partition of the
drive), and my server and laptop to one or more partitions on the drive.
Can you
 mount partitions of the drive to the server (i.e. the ability to have
ext2 filesystems on the network drive that are mounted to the server) or
do you have to
mount the entire drive (in that case the entire drive would be a
Windows-type filesystem)? Does anyone see any red flags with this drive
(i.e. it won't work with my RH 9 laptop and server)?

80.0GB maximum data capacity
Saves up to 8 versions of a file automatically; restores deleted and
overwritten files and moves folders to a new PC with one click
Access all stored files over the Web from any computer
Share large files over the Web without attaching them to e-mails; grant
users permission to change files in shared folders
Automatically synchronizes all file changes to linked PCs
Photos or music on any PC in your home are instantly available on any
other PC running Mirra
128-bit SSL encryption, e-mail address/password authentication and
privacy password file protection
 Intelligent, embedded software runs on Linux OS, so you're not
susceptible to Windows viruses
High-speed 10/100 Ethernet connection; power cord and Ethernet cable
included
Mirra software CD contains applications for Windows XP and 2000 PCs and
Windows 2000 and 2003 servers

Product Details
Warranty Terms - Parts 1 year
Warranty Terms - Labour 90 days
Product Height 12.4"
Product Width 14.3"
Product Weight 10 lbs.
Product Length 7.5"

System Requirements Intel(r) Pentium(r) III processor or later; Windows
2000 Pro or XP Home or Professional Edition, Windows 2000 or 2003 server
256MB RAM; 25MB hard drive space; high-speed Internet; router or hub
(wired or 802.11 Wi-Fi) with wired Ethernet port LAN Connection 10/100
Ethernet