Monospace font

Greetings fellow Redhat users...

I would like to know the name of the default font in Redhat/Fedora, ie the
one used in terminals.
It is a very nice font to read & use and I want to use it on my Gentoo system
but I don't seem to be able to get it right.  I know that it is
'monospace' but none of my monospace fonts on Gentoo look quite right.

Does the font have a more specific name?  Maybe 'monospace' is aliased somehow?

The fon't can be clearly seen here:
http://www.phpmp.com/photos/albums/fedora094/Screenshot_Gnome_terminal.png

I have been trying to figure this out for weeks without sucess so any
help will be highly appreciated.

TIA

--
Mark Farmer RHCT