US Robotics 56K USB?

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 20:58:05 UTC 2005

To find out which serial port your modem is connected to try:

echo "atz" > /dev/ttyS0           (com 1)
or
echo "atz" > /dev/ttyS1           (com 2)

You should see the lights on the modem flicker slightly with the correct above
command. Remember which device you got a responce.

In the /dev directory see if /dev/modem is soft linked to your device.

Make sure you have the ppp packages installed on your machine.

The network configuration tool has a method of setting up a modem or just
redhat-config-network.

Select New and select Modem.  Configure the modem and a provider.

Hope this helps
James