IPTables and DNS

p p perry54321 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 15 00:54:31 UTC 2005

Hi, Im setting up a DNS server and am having trouble getting through the
firewall. Im able to use the server as a dns server from another machine if
I stop the iptables service. Ive tried setting a rule to allow tcp on port
53 through, but it still not working. Any ideas?  Sorry if this is the wrong
list for this subject. I didnt see a list that seemed appropriate though.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. This is on RH Enterprise by the
way. Thanks again.