IPTables and DNS

Hi, Im setting up a DNS server and am having trouble getting through the firewall. Im able to use the server as a dns server from another machine if I stop the iptables service. Ive tried setting a rule to allow tcp on port 53 through, but it still not working. Any ideas? Sorry if this is the wrong list for this subject. I didnt see a list that seemed appropriate though. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. This is on RH Enterprise by the way. Thanks again.