Re: IPTables

p p wrote:
Another question for the group. Is it ok to manually edit the iptables file (etc/sysconfig/iptables) and just restart the iptables service? Ive done this so far and it seems to be working ok. Is there some reason I should be using the iptables command to add things instead? Thanks.

Shouldn't be any problem as long as you keep the syntax correct. Personally I use fwbuilder to manage my rulesets rather than by hand.