-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of p p
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 11:55 AM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: IPTables and DNS

Hi, Im setting up a DNS server and am having trouble getting through the firewall. Im able to use the server as a dns server from another machine if I stop the iptables service. Ive tried setting a rule to allow tcp on port 53 through, but it still not working. Any ideas? Sorry if this is the wrong list for this subject. I didnt see a list that seemed appropriate though. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. This is on RH Enterprise by the way. Thanks again.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".