squid proxy installation

keshav murthy kes_bang at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 05:50:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Have configured squid proxy on Red Hat 8.0 and I can able to access internet fine.
This server is directly on internet with valid IP.
Now I have installed another network card and configured IP address for local LAN.

First question. Is it required to configure ipchains or iptables to access internet via this proxy server?? it is so please mail me how to do that...

Second question. If you know with out using ipchains or iptables we can do that please let me know.

Third Question. Do we need to add any route manually to do that and what will be entry in /etc/defaultrouter file when we have configured both network cards.

Requsting your help on this above matter...

Thanks
Keshav