Re: Email via syslog

On Jan 19, 2005, at 4:22 PM, Tobias Speckbacher wrote:

Pretty sure you can accomplish your goal by using "named pipes" in
syslogd.conf.  Although It may require some scripting to read from the
pipe and mail the message.

Yes, I'm aware of that and will probably do that with a perl script. However, as I tried to stress, my post was an attempt to *verify* that this theory was indeed fact. I believe I have enough conclusive evidence to consider it closed.

P.S.  Please don't top-post.

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon