-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of Aram Hazarian
Sent: Friday, 21 January, 2005 11:39 AM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Enabling SWAT problem

Hi,

What about my issue:

I installed samba 2.2.12.

I added in /etc/services the line:
swat	901/tcp   (uncommented)

I added in /etc/xinetd.conf the line:
swat	stream	tcp	nowait.400   root   /usr/local/samba/bin/swat   swat

Because in /etc/xinetd.d there was no ?swat? file, I created one with the
following content:
service swat
{
	disable	= no
	port=901
	socket_type=stream
	wait=no
	only_from=127.0.0.1
	user=root
}

I restarted xinetd ? and when I went in the browser, at http://127.0.0.1:901
the only answer I got is ?The connection was refused when trying to connect
to ?? !!!

By the way, I have httpd started.

Everything looks like swat is not recognized as a service for the system.
I tried also:
[root bobo sbin]# ./service swat start
swat: unrecognized service

I feel like stucked ?