Boot hangs!!

Jason Staudenmayer jasons at NJAQUARIUM.ORG
Tue Jan 25 15:25:43 UTC 2005

This is the first problem I've had with redhat in a very long time.
I'm installing rh8 on a system that was running rh7 with no problem for
three years.
I wiped the drive and installed rh8 but it won't boot.
Here's the layout.
/dev/hda1 /boot
/dev/hda2 /

grub.conf

#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-14)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/
	initrd /initrd-2.4.18-14.img

Filesystem is set for ext3 but when the system boots this is what I get.

root (hd0,0)
Kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/
 [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1400, size=0x11154a]

I've tried chaging the BIOS around and have wipe the drive with a winblow
boot disk and fdisk /mbr still nothing

I need this system up ASAP

TIA

Jason