Changing systems so all text shows as white not multicoloured text.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 16:36:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:07:30 +0000, Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
<Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com> wrote:
> I am in the process of making allot of changes to our existing Redhat
> machines we run version 7.1/7.3 8.0 WS and AS. It is sending my eyes funny
> looking at multicoloured text all the time especially the Blue text which i
> can hardly read. Is there a way of changing all of my machines so they show
> text as white instead, i realised this is a small issue but it would really
> help me know end at the moment. Any help is much appreciated.

On RHEL 3 this appears to be globally controlled in
/etc/profile.d/colorls.sh and /etc/profile.d/colorls.csh.  I'm not
sure about older flavors.

Something like "which ls" or "alias ls" should reveal the cause and if
you want to undo colors only for one user probably best to change the
ls family of aliases in your account.

John