Imaging Software/Hardware for use with Redhat WS Version 3

Karasik, Vitaly vkarasik at nds.com
Wed Jan 26 21:37:21 UTC 2005

In order to avoid GRUB reinstallation problem you should  create GHOST boot diskette with -id option or choose it in GHOST option tab (options--> IMAGE/TAPE---->IMAGE DISK switch ).

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Brian D. McGrew
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 5:35 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: Imaging Software/Hardware for use with Redhat WS Version 3

I agree with Ed 100%, however, I have successfully used Ghost 2003 to
replicate Redhat 7.3 onto many identical Dell boxes.  The only problem
that I ran into was after the restore was done, I had to boot from the
CD in rescue mode, mount / and /boot and reinstall grub (I forget the
command line option I used) but other than that, it did work.

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }
---