Adding printer ppds

I have downloaded the ppds for an HP Laserjet 4250 from the linux printing site. gunzip'ed the files and put them in /usr/share/cups/model.

I am running RedHat 3.EL on the system. I made sure that the system was up-to-date.

I still can't see the drivers for the 4250 when I use printtool or redhat-config-printers

What have I done incorrectly?