Re: Where can I get all available updates for RH7.1?

Ed Wilts wrote:
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:54:45AM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:

You can still find the updates on Red Hat's FTP site:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/7.1/en/os/

glibc is at 2.2.4.

I should add that glibc is architecture-specific.  Don't blindly grab
the i386 version.  Check to see what you're currently running:

# rpm -q glibc --queryformat '%{NAME} %{ARCH}\n'
glibc i386

Thanks. I'm dowloading all the updates now.

Is there anyway that I can update just glibc, or glibc and whatever minimum else that I need? If I just try to do glibc, will I break everything else in the system, or will it refuse to install and tell me what else needs to be updated, or will it just pull the other updates in automatically? Som many questions ...

TIA,

	-ste