[Q] Way to do system backup and recovery?

We have several Redhat AS 2.1 and 3.0 servers.  Our
computer center only backup file systems, but can not
provide Redhat system image recovery in case system
crash.  We used Storix software backup system image to
other servers and create bootable CD.  In case system
crash, we can use bootable CD boot up and restore
system from remote servers.

My manager does not want to spend enen one cent to buy
software.  He want everything use free software.

Can anyone tell me how you guy doing system image
backup and recovery?

Does there have software similiar to Storix can create
bootable Cd and backup/recovery system image from
other servers?

Thanks.