IP static changing.

Jason Riker jasonrkr at charter.net
Wed Jul 20 19:25:02 UTC 2005

---Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Alessandro Viana
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:56 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: IP static changing.

> Alessandro,
>
> Do you mean that when you configured the NIC you did so with a static IP
and
> then when you started it, via ifup or the Red Hat GUI tool it changed to
> dhcp?
>
> Jason

        That's it! I did set like static, but the IP do change alone,
same without I restart the service.

Alessandro,

I wish I could help, but, unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you.  In my
case the situation occurs when I activate WEP on my WAP (that reads funny
:-)).  Without WEP activated my card uses the static address I assigned it,
but as soon as I enable WEP the protocol changes from static to DHCP.

Please keep me posted on anything you discover.

Thanks,

Jason