Redhat AS4, Apache, PHP and Oracle

Brandon Zehm Brandon.Zehm at albertsons.com
Wed Jul 20 21:33:04 UTC 2005

Sure enough, you're right, my phpinfo() shows the same thing.

Unfortunately it doesn't actually work.  Here's the output from two
different tests using two of the different oracle functions:
	Call to undefined function: ora_logon()
	Call to undefined function: oci_connect()

Hmm.. maybe it doesn't really have the oracle support it claims to have
;-)

>From the documentation on at http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.oci8.php
it looks like I would still need to install Oracle on my system and
setup a bunch of ENV vars before it would actually work.  That's kind of
annoying if that's the case.

I'm wondering if the ODBC connector would work.  I'll have to research
and see if Oracle allows direct ODBC connections or not.

Brandon