NCPFS

Steve Kozakoff kozaksj at shands.ufl.edu
Fri Jul 1 15:50:23 UTC 2005

Sorry, GSNW is not a very common acronym, I should have been more
specific.

GSNW=Gateway Services For Netware

First Install GSNW on the Windows Server. I think it goes like this on
2000, but, I am not sure about 2003:

-Start the Network Properties, right click on the connection and select
Properties.
-Click the services tab and click Add
-Select Gateway (and Client) Services for NetWare and click OK
-Enter the path of your Windows CD-ROM and click OK. When the file
copying has finished click Close.
-Create the NTGATEWAY group and a user that is a member of that group
on the NetWare server using SYSCON on 3.12 servers, or NWADMIN/NETADMIN
on 4.0 or later
-Restart the Windows Server
-Enter the user account you created that is a member of the NTGATEWAY
group when the machine restarts.

Next, this KB article should help you figure out how to setup a share
to access a Netware Volume
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316083&sd=tech

Now you should be able to mount the Windows share that points to your
Netware Volume on your RedHat box through fstab with smbfs or
smbclient.

BIG SIDE NOTE: I used this as a temporary solution while migrating
Netware boxes to Windows and/or RHEL. There may be better solutions
available.

-Steve

>>> lugatto at coteminas.com.br 7/1/2005 10:03 >>>

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply

Where can I find information about GSNW ?

Best Regards

Fernando