Port forwarding with ssh

redhat at buglecreek.com redhat at buglecreek.com
Thu Jul 7 16:19:39 UTC 2005

As stated below, the -L option might work. Below are general ssh
forwarding instructions, maybe you can adapt to your situation:

ssh -l user -v -L2001:machine_behind_firewall_ip:22 firewall_machine

In a different shell:

 ssh -l user -p 2001 localhost

You should be in the "machine_behind_firewall_ip"  You can also send
commands:

ssh -l user -p 2001 localhost ls

Note: make sure nothing is using the local port you decide to use.