anaconda and non-CD upgrades

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Jul 13 19:54:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 01:46:02PM -0500, Mindy Preston wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to start anaconda from an existing
> Redhat install, and then point it to .iso's of  RHEL WS 4's install
> disks?  Or perhaps install anaconda and put it into the bootloader
> somehow, then proceed as normal?

I remember this being discussed not too long so I did some quick
searching through the Red Hat archives.  Here's a link with some
instructions (the source and target versions are different but that
shouldn't matter).

http://www.redhat.com/archives/shrike-list/2003-June/msg00909.html

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE