RHEL without License?

Rik Herrin rikherrin at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 20:20:41 UTC 2005

Ugo,
  I know that one of the RHEL clones might be better
in this situation.  But I am asking because when I
come to propose RHEL to clients, they sometimes ask
what their situation would be legally if after a year
or two, they wanted to keep their systems running but
without paying support.  Would they be forced to shut
down these systems (I think this is the case with
Windows Server which is probably why they are asking
since they don't want to be in the same trap)?  Or
could they continue running them and just not get
updates from RHN?  Thanks for your input.

> Rik Herrin wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for your reply Ian.  But it there any
> > documentation or anything documenting that you can
do
> > so?  Also, in reference to the question of
downloading
> > the ISOs for free (30 day trial) and then
continuing
> > to use them after the 30 day trial period without
> > paying, is this legal?  Thanks for your time.
>
> Aren't you better off using a clone like CentOS then
and give a few