serving >2gb files with apache on rhel-ws-4

Mindy Preston mpreston at ssec.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 20 15:50:12 UTC 2005

I have a 32-bit machine running Redhat Enterprise 4 for Workstations.  A
user of this machine would like to use httpd to serve some >2gb files.
Is the httpd binary supplied through Red Hat compiled properly for
this?  I have seen reference to patches that cause the binary to warn
instead of crash on writing >2gb files, and I see that those are
included in the source RPM, but I couldn't find any reference to serving
files of great size.

Thanks,
Mindy Preston