IP static changing.

Burke, Thomas G. tg.burke at ngc.com
Wed Jul 20 16:40:34 UTC 2005

IIUC, you want the machine to use DHCP, but always have the same IP
address...  This is handled at the DHCP server, such that when it sees
that machine connect, it will always assign the same IP.

If your ISP has assigned you a static IP, you will still use DHCP, and
their server should always supply you with the same IP.

If you are running the DHCP server, then you will need to make those
mods yourself - don't ask me how, as I've never set up a DHCP server.

	-Tom