new server tuning issue

Nagarjuna Rao Cherukuri Nagarjuna_Cherukuri at infosys.com
Sat Jul 23 09:18:25 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Tom Greaser
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 6:43 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: new server tuning issue

2 things..
Does this device do mirroring ??
If so check to see if the mirror is sysnced !!

Also.. i had a box running high on cup just doing logging
and after i did a firmware upgrade on the scsi it dropped
the cpu in HALF.. ibm 375 i belive it was..

good luck

Nagarjuna Rao Cherukuri wrote:
>Hi,
>

>We have installed RHEL AS 3 on our new server (HP Proliant DL 760 G2 -
4
>Xeon CPUs 2.7GHz/2MB and 24 GM RAM). I see 50% of CPU being used for
>system calls even though the server is doing nothing.

What kernel are you running?  hugemem?

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.

End of redhat-list Digest, Vol 17, Issue 16