weird freeze

Eris eris-redhat-list at eldalin.com
Wed Jul 27 02:51:26 UTC 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 04:30 am, Rushan Sobar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a weird freeze on my redhat 9 machine, no specific time or date , no
> errors show in log. anyone can advice how to troubleshoot this and at least
> know what's the problem.

Try installing the sysstat package.  It will take a snapshot of system
activity every 10 minutes.  You use the "sar" command to review the logs, and
with them you can see if, for example, your system was using lots of memory,
or doing lots of disk I/O right before it died.  The sysstat info can often
help point you towards the cause of the problem.

Eris Caffee