download wu-ftpd

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Wed Jul 27 16:50:10 UTC 2005

At 03:10 AM 7/26/2005, you wrote:

>YES, i know its not good idea to use wu-ftpd, but i just need to install
>it for research purposes. So anyone can please provide me download link
>of wu-ftpd for fedora core 2.

Just curious.  Are you emailing to this list telepathically or do you
have internet access?  One of the first things to do for a
program....in my opinion...is to try going to a website with the name
of the program.  Example:
wu-ftpd.com
wu-ftpd.net
wu-ftpd.org
Boom...there it is.  Not all programs have websites with the name of
their program in a .com, .net or .org........So, another option is to
open up your browser and type:
http://www.google.com
Then type in "wu-ftpd".  Wow...it would have worked again.  The first
listing that I got was for the Development Group site.  Then, click
on the link and read the page.
To look for the rpm you can go to rpmfind.net.  In this case,
rpmfind.net doesn't have an rpm for Fedora Core 2, but its a very
good place to go for rpms.  Usually if they don't have the rpm and my
rhn.redhat.com account doesn't either (no, I am not using the Fedora
releases) then there usually isn't an rpm for it.  That doesn't mean
that there isn't one, just that for the rpms that I get, rpmfind.net
usually has them without me knowing where the home page is for the
program.  But "Boom".  When I searched at http://rpmfind.net, it gave
me the home page for the program there too.  There are many other
places too.  Again, google is a word you might want to remember.

Following these directions will get you faster results in the
future.  After you have tried these ways and still can't find it,
then email a mailing list and you might get a reply that might not be
a smart-aleck reply like this one since following the above
recommendations, you would have already found it quicker than it
would have taken you to email a mailing list to ask where to find it.