When I rsync files they are all double spaced!

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Jul 28 23:22:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:27:52AM -0700, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> The only know difference between these files is that one version was
> transferred via rsync.
>
> Both versions are being read by the same Windows program via FTP, but
> from different servers.

Ensure that you transfer these files in ASCII mode and not BINARY or
they will be screwed.  FTP will translate the crl/lf to lf correctly but
only if you do an ascii transfer.

Another possibility would be to zip the file before transfer if you have
that option and then extract on your system and see if there any
differences.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA