path variables

A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru
Fri Jul 29 08:39:04 UTC 2005

To mount a filesystem permanently put the line with its definition in
/etc/fstab. See 'man fstab' for description of the format of fstab
entries.

You can put your definitions of your variables into /etc/profile or
create for them another file in directory /etc/profile.d (if the
definitions should be applied to sessions of all users) or,
alternatively, put variables definitions into .bash_profile (.bashrc) in
user's home directory if the variables should be set for specific user
only (I assume that you are using bash as the user's shell).

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com