127.0.0.1 apache at localhost

Mike Klinke mklinke at axsi.com
Sat Jul 30 15:26:36 UTC 2005

On Saturday 30 July 2005 05:58, Rushan Sobar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Recently i notice spam on my box from 127.0.0.1 from user
> Apache at localhost in return path ands relay 127.0.0.1 spamming to
> AOL.com the only way i stop it by deny the user apache in the
> send mail. now my web contact us forum unable to get me the
> e-mail from the contact.
>
> any idea how to permenatly stop that spam without the need to
> deny the apache user.

If I understand you correctly, one option might be to hard code the
"To:" address in your web forum software so that messages will be
sent *only* go to your desired address instead of being able to be
used as a spam engine.

Also, check for later versions of your web forum software as this is
a security bug that has hit several different pieces of software at
one time or another and many have released fixes for this.  The
program "Formmail.pl" comes to mind here ....

Regards, Mike Klinke