Red Hat Summit in New Orleans - Day -1

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Jun 1 02:33:52 UTC 2005

We don't need no stinkin' blogis when the redhat lists are available...

Any other list members hiding out at the Summit that want to meet up?

I'm here on Day -1 of the Summit.  Rumors have it that there are 670
people registered which is a fairly good crowd for the topics being
covered and given the Red Hat-specific nature of the conference.  The
sessions - at least on paper - appear to be better than the sessions
I've attended at the last 2 LinuxWorld conferences (San Francisco in
2003 and NYC in 2000).  No vendor booths - just good technical
information with almost all of the preseantations given by Red Hat
staffers.  That doesn't mean that the vendors aren't here - somebody
(thanks NetApp & Oracle!) had to pay for the welcome reception tonight
and that chocolate fountain really was awesome.  The jazz, although it
was performed well, was a bit loud for good discussions.

Following the usual keynotes tomorrow, I'll be in for a couple of hours
of SELinux in the Security and Identify Management track and then 3+
hours after lunch in the Clustering and Virtualization track.  As is
always the case with these conferences, there are more sessions than
there is time to attend them so I have to be picky as to which I will
attend.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE