Unable to initialize the informix server

jerome dsilva djerome123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 06:53:46 UTC 2005

Hi,
I'm having a strange problem on RH AS 3.0.
I have a informix db server which was running without
any problems all these days. yesterday, I had rebooted
the server without bringing the db server offline.
Now, if I start the dbserver, it doesn't come to
online state.. the log has this in it's last line
"Dynamically allocated new virtual shared memory
segment ( size 8192KB) .
To cross verify that the updated packages of RH would
have caused the problem, I created a new dbserver..
But that too doesn't get intialized and the log shows
the same message.
Last week, I had updated the all packages that were
available using up2date..
Would that have caused the problem.. Is there any
possibllity of any of the packages being related to
informix.
The informix version is 9.40.UC4

Regards
Jerome