problem with LogWatch showing diskspace

Mark Farmer farmerma at cromwell.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 15:11:05 UTC 2005

Bill Tangren wrote:
> I have a problem getting LogWatch to show the disk space on some (but
> not all) of my RHEL ES4 systems. This is what it usually shows:
>
> ------------------ Disk Space --------------------
>
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
> /dev/hda1              99M   12M   82M  13% /boot

I had this on my boxes, I got around it by editing
/etc/log.d/scripts/services/zz-disk_space & changing the script like this:

df -h #| grep '^/dev/'

I'm not sure exactly what causes it as i'm no scripter but looks like something to do
with how the output is layed out, this is what I get now:

/dev/mapper/main-root
                       3.9G  212M  3.5G   6% /
/dev/sda2             251M   20M  219M   9% /boot
none                 1014M     0 1014M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/main-srv   78G  1.3G   73G   2% /srv
/dev/mapper/main-tmp   20G   80M   19G   1% /tmp
/dev/mapper/main-usr  9.7G  2.1G  7.1G  23% /usr
/dev/mapper/main-var   20G  434M   18G   3% /var

HTH

--
Mark Farmer
Linux System Administrator

This email is intended for the named recipient. The information contained
in it is confidential.  You should not copy it for any purposes, nor
disclose its contents to any other party.  If you received this email
in error, please notify the sender immediately via email, and delete it from
your computer.

necessarily represent those of the company.

Registered Office: PO Box 14, Chartwell Dr, Wigston, Leicester. LE18 1AT