Enable FTP: ip_nat_ftp and/or ip_conntrack_ftp?

James Cooley jcooley at fit.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:41:43 UTC 2005

Basically, ip_conntack_ftp enables your firewall to identify packets
relating to ftp, and ip_nat_ftp modifies ftp packets for computers
behind a firewall running nat.    ip_nat_ftp requires ip_conntrack_ftp
to be loaded, so it loads that module automatically for you.  Thats why
able to just load ip_conntrack_ftp to get everything to work, and ignore
ip_nat_ftp.

I hope this helps a bit.

--James Cooley