Login restrictions in NIS environment

James Cooley jcooley at fit.edu
Wed Jun 8 11:23:41 UTC 2005

You can accomplish this by using the pam_access module.  Here's the
documentation on it:  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-
PAM-html/pam-6.html#ss6.1

You can restrict access by user, groups, and computers, and you can
restrict access by users from certain computers.   The pam module
uses the /etc/security/access.conf configuration file.

--James Cooley