Kernic panic when booting 2.6.9-11ELSmp

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:03:55 UTC 2005

Check the changelog for the kernel rpm, you might find support for the
Perc 4 controller's been dropped. If that's the case then the initial
ramdisk (initrd) won't have a suitable driver it can use to talk to
the RAID which is why it can't read the label on the device.

$ rpm -qa | grep kernel

Find the most recent one, the one you're having problems with then do...

$ rpm -q --changelog kernel-smp.blah | less

This may shed some light too...

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg06164.html

Will.