Using SCSI Tape with Enclosure

Jay LaPrade jaylaprade at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 18:18:22 UTC 2005

Ashraf,

I'll repost this just in case you missed it.  It
sounds like the drive might not be attached.
------------------------------------
1)  Is the library Attached?

dmesg | grep Attached

This should return something like the following:

Attached scsi tape st0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun
0
Also,  I believe on IBM lines,  they shut off unused
scsi id's.  So check the scsi bios and make sure that
the scsi id for your tape drive is not turned off.

If you are not getting the Attached message in the
above,  try modprobing the st module.  You will also
want to make sure your scsi card is being detected as
well and that the modules are being loaded for that.

lsmod