problem with quagga 0.97.0-1

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:27:06 UTC 2005

http://www.quagga.net/docs/docs-info.php#Virtual-Terminal-Interfaces

Command: password password

Set password for vty interface. If there is no password, a vty won't
accept connections.

If /etc/quagga/vtysh.conf is empty you won't be able to authenticate,
copy /etc/quagga/vtysh.conf.sample over /etc/quagga/vtysh.conf, edit
it and change the default password and you probably want to make sure
it's permissions are 600 if it contains passwords in plain text.

Will.