How to use gcc command

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Mon Jun 20 15:35:19 UTC 2005

You'll need the gcc-*.rpm files installed.  You've got quite a lot of
supporting stuff installed but I don't see a package that would include
the compilers.  To verify this, do:

Find /usr -name 'gcc' -print

And see if gcc is found, I bet it isn't.  If it is (or once you get the
correct RPM installed) make sure the directory where it's found is in
your PATH.  Also make sure that your LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the lib
directory.

So for instance on a standard system, gcc in in /usr so your path should
be:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

On my system I keep gcc in /usr/local/gnu/gcc-400 so my stuff is:

PATH=$PATH=/usr/local/gnu/gcc-400/bin export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/gcc/gcc-400/lib export
LD_LIBRARYPATH

That should get you going.

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }