Tracking server bandwidth usage and other stats

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 19:36:03 UTC 2005

You might want to investigate sar, that'll give you plenty of text
format info on CPU, interrupts, memory usage and more.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1123&q=unix+sar&meta=

It'll certainly fulfill requirements 1, 2 and 4 though you may need to
knock some scripts or track down some pre-made utility present the
results in a *more* human readable format.

It's certainly "pipelinable", though perhaps not trivially. But it's
worth throwing into the mix for consideration.

Will.