System keeps dropping into shell.

Ong Ying Ying yingy at pc.jaring.my
Mon Jun 27 08:11:31 UTC 2005

It didn't say that. Anyway, I've tried fsck using different hda number
but it didn't work.

Instead, it said that fstab did not contain fsck passno field. (1st
warning shown). I guess it then tried to fsck for me, stating
fsck.ext2/ :
Then it said "The superblock could not be read or does not describe a
correct ext2 filesystem ... try running e2fsck with alternate superblock :
   e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
I've tried e2fsck like stated on screen with different hda. How many
superblocks are there? I'll check the different hda starting blocks
again but I doubt it will work. What if the filesystem is using ext3?

What error report? I know dmesg but it is in /var/log which is empty.

YYOng