LogWatch error

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Jun 27 11:25:41 UTC 2005

It means that a TLS/SSL (encrypted) session was attempted between your
serer and mx1.umdnj.edu, and verification of the certificate failed.

It also means that Logwatch doesn't really know where that belongs, in the
grand scheme of things...only that it came from Sendmail.

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Ryan Golhar wrote:

> This is appearing in the logwatch emails I get from my machines.  Can
> someone tell me what this means?  I tried googling it but didn't get
> much...

> **Unmatched Entries**
>   STARTTLS=client, relay=mx1.umdnj.edu., version=TLSv1/SSLv3,
> verify=FAIL, cipher=AES256-SHA, bits=256/256: 1 Time(s)

Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit