Red Hat Summit in New Orleans - Day -1

We don't need no stinkin' blogis when the redhat lists are available...

Any other list members hiding out at the Summit that want to meet up?

I'm here on Day -1 of the Summit.  Rumors have it that there are 670
people registered which is a fairly good crowd for the topics being
covered and given the Red Hat-specific nature of the conference.  The
sessions - at least on paper - appear to be better than the sessions
I've attended at the last 2 LinuxWorld conferences (San Francisco in
2003 and NYC in 2000).  No vendor booths - just good technical
information with almost all of the preseantations given by Red Hat
staffers.  That doesn't mean that the vendors aren't here - somebody
(thanks NetApp & Oracle!) had to pay for the welcome reception tonight
and that chocolate fountain really was awesome.  The jazz, although it
was performed well, was a bit loud for good discussions.

Following the usual keynotes tomorrow, I'll be in for a couple of hours
of SELinux in the Security and Identify Management track and then 3+
hours after lunch in the Clustering and Virtualization track.  As is
always the case with these conferences, there are more sessions than
there is time to attend them so I have to be picky as to which I will
attend.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE