Re: lost+found

Ed Wilts wrote:

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 08:04:52PM -0700, Jim Austin wrote:
The system is bookable and I can log in as root, but am unable to use many commands. Going into single use mode, I can vi files. Tried fsdsk on /dev/hda and looks like I've got a bad superblock and no

That should be the partition, not the entire device.  If that's not a
typo, you'll need to retry it specifying the partition that /usr is on.

Sorry for all the typos. I ran fsck on /dev/hda2 which is the /boot partition and it's clean. The problem is on /dev/hda3 which is the / partition. Guess I need to boot off a floppy so I can run fsck on it when it is not mounted.