Fedora

Tom McCaffrey tmcca at ncmich.edu
Thu Jun 2 11:39:01 UTC 2005

I have to admit that I'm not really impressed with Fedora Project.
My first attempt at loading it earned me a million error messages about the heads being less than
256.. (heads<256) and I managed to get rid of that error by blowing off the partitions that
Linux had created (using delpart) and instead of booting up on a 98 floppy and fdisking - I just left
the drive un-partitioned.
However, my next attempt at loading it resulted in my being told that disk 2 is wrong.. No matter
which disk I put in or how many times I put disk 2 back in.
Maybe I should be installing without gui?

Tom
dangerous content by NCMC, and is believed to be clean.