Fedora

Tom McCaffrey tmcca at ncmich.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:38:26 UTC 2005

>You can't just switch disks after installation was allready made and MBR
>was written. There are disk slices/partitions info writen in /etc/fstab
>file, therefore switching disk will cause a kernel panic (if you don't
>manualy change the file before switching disks)

>Just a thought... Did you try to let Fedora to automaticly create
>partitions for you?

Well, during the install, it stops and asks me to insert the second core install CD... which I do and
fedora doesn't seem to think it's the correct cd.
For that matter, it doesn't think any of the cd's are the 2nd cd. (there are four cd's)

Yup. I let Fedora set the partitions ever how it wanted them.
It's an old clunker puter I had laying around - 400mhz and 320mb ram and a 10-gigger.

Thanks for the help!
Tom
dangerous content by NCMC, and is believed to be clean.