Query regarding ide-module loading in mkinitrd

Hi all

I am not quite sure if this is the right place to post
a query on mkinitrd. If not pls. excuse.

Following is my query:

I have IDE built as module in my 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 kernel
and my rootfs uses IDE as the block device driver.
When I am trying to create an initrd for this kernel,
using mkinitrd-3.5.13, it does not include the insmod
for piix.ko(which happens to be my low level IDE
driver). I also looked into the mkinitrd source code,
and could not find any mention of low level driver
insertion for IDE. It only inserts 'ide-disk' and
'ide-core' modules.

Could someone pls. tell me if this is the expected
behaviour? Shouldn't there be insertion of the low
level driver also happening?

Thanks in advance
Rachita Kothiyal
Intern, LTC