-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of Marco A. Ramos
Sent: Friday, 03 June, 2005 6:49 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: The Redhat Linux server always try to resolve the local IP
addresson the DNS.

The Redhat Linux server always try to resolve the local IP address on the
DNS.

For example if I made a ping to some a local PC the server not respond for a
like 60 seconds, after that display the ping messages, if I put that IP
address on the /etc/hosts file the ping respond immediately, the big problem
with this situation is that the pop3 locals clients can’t connect to the
mail server because takes much time making the resolve query and the mail
software client, respond with a timeout error.

This happened with any configuration change.

Information:

-         The DNS is the ISP site

-         The file /etc/host.conf has (order hosts, bind)

-         This happened with all IP address including address from the same
network

Any help?

Thank you all, regards.

Marco