if the program need two input files

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:09:22 UTC 2005

On 6/4/05, Frank Lee <lifei03 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a program which waiting for the input  from from keyboard for
> more than two times.  Say,
>
> #./my_program
> please input your input filename: (waiting for input from keyboard for
> the first time)
> please input your output filename: (waiting for input from keyboard
> for the second time)
>

> Because I need write a shell script to use this program for many
> times.   I do not how to avoid the interactive requirement of this
> program.  It seems it can not be solved by use
>
> #./my_program <<input_file  >>output_file
>
> Expecting your suggestions.

Perhaps you can massage this construct into something that will work for you?

for f in $inFILE $outFILE; do echo $f; done | ./my_program

Since you mentioned an output file as an input to my_program I am
assuming it writes its output there. You can wrap that snippet in
another loop to change the values of inFILE and outFILE for multiple
runs.

John